Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Type: Freelance / Contract
We are looking for a talented Service Design Strategist for a temporary hire opportunity in Washington, DC! Our client a large financial institution located in downtown DC is seeking a Service Design Strategist to join their growing team of UX leaders, storytellers and researchers. Our clients Customer Experience Design team is a part of the larger Strategy, Insights and Marketing organization, focused on reinventing the company, putting design at the forefront of their business, and transforming how it fulfills this promise into the future. The designers are passionate about creating customer-centric solutions that are simple and easy to use!
- Identify opportunities to enhance the customer experience by gaining a deep understanding through research.
- Use and train others on service design principles (front-stage, backstage, etc.) and tools (personas, customer journey maps, service blueprinting, etc.) to develop insights about customer needs, expectations, pain points and opportunities.
- Proactively build partnerships with key stakeholders to strengthen trust and collaboration.
- Collaborate with partners to co-develop a solution that solves for their unique and complex business problems.
- Oversee user research engagements including empathy interviews, ethnographic observation, workflow analysis, and contextual inquiry of customers.
- Use research to develop profiles of various customer archetypes and personas to guide the evolution of experiences.
- Create detailed journey maps and other data visualizations to create a holistic view of an ecosystem, including digital and other channels.
- Serve as an advocate and educator of design; providing translation of design culture and skill sets to stakeholders that have little or no familiarity in working with designers.
- Bachelor's Degree in design-related field, social sciences, or closely related discipline or equivalent required
- Graduate degree (preferred): MFA / MDes / MBA / MPS in Design, Service Design, Interdisciplinary Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design or related field
- Experience with service design, qualitative research, and workshop facilitation techniques and methodologies.
- Experience evangelizing design mindsets and methods with business partners.
- Experience collaborating with and influencing stakeholders.
- Experience advocating for the user’s experience based on research.
- Excellent communication skills at various levels of management including senior executives and customer and industry partners.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and key stakeholders.
- Expert in creative tool suites, Adobe, Sketch, etc.