Location: Mc Lean, VA,
Type: Freelance / Contract
We are looking for a talented Web Content Specialist for a temporary hire opportunity in McLean, VA. The SharePoint Communications Consultant will support the Corporate Communications department with developing and managing content pages for the SharePoint-based Intranet. A successful candidate will have creative, technical and communications skills to support our Intranet publishing. We are looking for a person who is both an html content manager and a storyteller at heart, creative, personable and energetic, who can drive for results and encourage new ideas and alternative approaches.
Web Content Specialist Responsibilities:
- Work with communications strategists and writers, video and design team, and production team to create and modify content pages in Microsoft SharePoint Online (O365) on a daily basis.
- Write headlines and short messages; apply photography, graphics and creative treatment to the page design. Follow writing and brand standards and quality control measures to ensure consistent messaging, tone and brand standard/identity. Adhere to AP style.
- Serve as backup for daily and routine production tasks for enterprise-wide communications channels and crisis communications, often handling time-sensitive and confidential information
- Field ad hoc requests related to all-employee channels and the Internal Communications department, including reporting and metrics
- Work with internal business area content owners to intake and process daily production updates to Intranet sites
Web Content Specialist Consultant Requirements:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Web/Graphic Design, HTML, User Experience, Content management, and publishing technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing, web development or other subject
- Understanding of CSS concepts and application
- Knowledge and practice of SharePoint best practices implementation and utilization experience
- Experience writing for various media, copy editing, proofreading
- Skilled in Photoshop and Dreamweaver (or similar IDE)
- Highly organized and flexible
- Adaptable to change and able to tackle unfamiliar tasks with positive attitude and resourcefulness