Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Type: Freelance / Contract
We are looking for a talented Intranet Manager for a temporary hire, one year contract, remote (IN THE USA), opportunity.
The Intranet Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the intranet. This person will be responsible for managing and maintaining the visual design, site navigation and site content. They will be coordinating key stakeholders, engaging, and training users, and monitoring the underlying technology. The ideal candidate will be a hands on collaborator with web editorial skills, with strong technical and visual knowledge of the web. This individual will also support the development of HTML newsletters and emails including - HTML promotional emails and newsletters, articles, social media and web content.
Intranet Manager Responsibilities:
- Maintain site navigation (information architecture)
- Manage the homepage to maintain the balance of content and tools and manage common administrative tasks in the intranet software.
- Coordinate the efforts of central content owners, support page authoring, edit content and maintain consistent page layout/design
- Support projects to deliver intranet content or tools to mobile devices
- Facilitate and support projects to improve sections of the intranet or deliver new tools through the intranet
- Support the development of information subsections on the intranet – for on boarding, supervisors and other groups.
- to understand intranet user needs and monitor site analytics and report on key performance indicators
- Ensure proper coordination between the IT Department and intranet software vendors. Understand the basic technology platforms at play and liaise with the IT Department and software vendors on technical questions of implementation and upgrades
- Provide introductions and training to users of all different levels
- Provide support for the development of HTML newsletter distributed from the salesforce marketing cloud.
Intranet Manager Requirements:
- 3+ years of web editing
- Experience with HTML/CSS and HTML newsletters
- Experience with content management systems
- Strong proof-reading and writing skills
- Strong visual design skills for page development and support
- Attention to detail
- Experience with Photoshop for web editing, Adobe Dreamweaver, Background using Dreamweaver, salesforce/Service1
Job ID: 322298MS