Location: Herndon, Virginia
If you are a Senior Coordinator/Junior Proposal Manager ready for your next challenge, we want to speak with you! This is a unique opportunity to join a top Federal government contractor currently in the Top 50 Washington Technology companies list, AND poised for yet further, exponential growth! Our client is expanding within the Federal and State/Local government arenas which will allow you to take on new challenges and new roles through acquisitions and organic and new business growth.
For this direct-hire opportunity in Herndon, VA, you will be part of a core proposal team that will support existing and new work with customers in the DoD and health arenas. Sharing our client’s core values of trust, pride, and caring, you are someone who brings a combination of “utility player” skills across management, coordination, editing and desktop publishing. You bring a sense of calm and poise in engaging with various stakeholders across the organization, and an ability to inspire trust and confidence. You take pride in your attention to detail, while being focused on the end win! In return, you will be an integral, invaluable part of the team, with ongoing mentoring support and career path opportunities.
- Management of activities and staff associated with the development of responses to Government Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotes (RFQs), and Request for Information (RFIs).
- Facilitate the development and review of proposal strategies.
- Provides leadership and direction to cross-functional teams assigned to work proposal efforts; ensures that proposal responses are compliant, compelling, and completed on schedule; works with the Capture Manager and Business Development team to weave opportunity strategies, solutions, themes, and discriminators into proposal responses; and ensures that proposals are completed and delivered to the Government within the prescribed time periods.
- Prepare and maintain the Proposal schedule working in concert with the Capture Manager and Operations Lead/Program Manager
- Create and review the Proposal Management Plan (PMP) working with the Capture Manager and Operations Lead/Program Manager.
- Develop the work breakdown structure based on the scope of work, performance work statement, statement of objectives, etc.
- Build the proposal compliance matrix using the proposal workbook and track the fulfillment of all requirements.
- Review completed proposal content plan, particularly graphics, and subsequent written sections ensuring requirements are adequately addressed and that page limits are met.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and/or business administration or years of related experience
- Three plus years of experience in proposal development with progressively increasing responsibility and at least two years managing successful proposals
- Experience with developing and maintaining proposal management-related artifacts to include kickoff materials, master outline and compliance matrix, schedule, storyboards and or annotated outlines, writing instructions and templates, daily stand-up agenda, proposal team contact list, action items, and color team review briefings.
- Proficient in Desktop Publishing and APMP/Shipley best practices.
- Ability to facilitate interpersonal relationships and resolve conflicts tactfully and confidentially
- Ability to correct and/or improve written narrative(s)
- Ability to draft written narrative(s) based on interviews
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; including experience working with senior managers and making presentations to senior management