Location: Sunnyvale, California
Job Type: Temp to Perm
Compensation Range: $34 - 36 per hour
Our client is looking for a skilled Packaging Manager to join their team. In this role you will assist Packaging R&D Print Experts in organizing print test related documentation, reviewing test reports, organizing color and press sheet reviews, and will have the opportunity to lead or manage R&D project and work with the team to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Assist Print Experts on Proof Of Concept test matrix, test methods and compile test results for easy review with cross functional team members.
- Arrange shipments of materials/samples to various project stakeholders for review.
- Create Print test form deliverable, hand off documents and write print specification documents in the database -with the direction of the Packaging Print Experts or Print Development Manager.
- QC and organize assets in the database for each mechanical (part numbers, packaging die-lines, translations, illustrations, copy, etc.).
- Prepare asset handoff documents for review by Packaging Print Expert and route to or cross functional groups.
- Practice extreme attention to detail in cross-referencing all assets against the final mechanicals per checklist, and confirming all layers match print specifications.
- Review and sign off on supplier PDFs and press sheets and raise any issues when appropriate.
- Organize final reviews with Packaging Producers / Print Experts.
- Collaborate with Packaging team to document best practices and standard operating procedures and processes for both internal and external partners.
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Communications or equivalent.
- 2-5 years Print manufacturing experience in premium consumer packaging and labeling.
- Knowledge of electronic pre-press, UV printing and finishing processes required.
- Knowledge of instrumentation used for material and quality testing required.
- Working knowledge of materials such as inks, varnishes, foils or adhesives is preferred.
- Must possess exceptional organizational, time management, verbal, and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize.
- Knowledge in project tracking methods and tools, including database/project management systems.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficient in Mac OS and native apps.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, database management.
- Meticulous attention to detail a must.
- Able to understand and interpret complex processes and shifting priorities.
- Positive, attentive, focused, and engaged. strong work ethic. Accountable for actions. Takes initiative. Collaborative "team-player."
- Trustworthy in a confidential environment. Supportive of company values.
- Manages time effectively. Flexible during high-volume periods (some longer hours/ late hours).
Contact from a Cella employee will always come from the domain @cellainc.com and will always provide a phone number where you can contact us. Cella will NEVER present a job offer without a verbal or video interview and we will never ask you to transfer or pay money to get hired or for equipment.
If you are skeptical about any email or job offer, please reach out to us directly at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Cella, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact [email protected]
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Cella's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Cella representative for more information.