Location: Arlington, VA,
Excellent opportunity for a Proposal Writer in Arlington, VA. Our client is seeking a talented Proposal writer for a direct hire opportunity, and offers Shipley training, APMP membership, a collaborative, tight knit team environment, and exposure to the capture process. Targeting a tech-savvy, forward-thinking individual to help embrace the benefits of new tools and technology to increase efficiencies.
Proposal Writer Responsibilities:
- Develop compliant and compelling proposal sections in accordance with RFP requirements
- Work with technical subject matter experts and capture team leaders to develop bid and proposal strategies designed to enhance our bid position and to increase win probabilities
- Prepare tools and products designed to assist other writers and technical subject matter experts develop text and graphics in accordance with win strategies and RFP instructions
- Prepare annotated outlines, section mockups, and section specifications to support the proposal strategy
- Respond to task order RFPs with quick turn-around time frames
- Coordinate development of graphics, working with technical subject matter experts to illustrate technical and management concepts and convey key proposal messaging
- Use technology-based tools and software programs (e.g., Zoom, SharePoint) for proposal communications, collaboration, scheduling, and development
- Edit and proofread proposal sections for style, consistency, and compliance
- Assist in producing, binding, packaging and shipping all customer documents
- Support and monitor production of proposals, ensuring that high quality, professional products are created and delivered on time
- Participate in opportunity kick-off meetings and color team reviews
- Support the development and production of marketing material
Proposal Writer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, Journalism, Communications, or related field required
- One to three years of proven experience in proposal development required
- Minimum three years of demonstrated professional writing experience within a deadline environment required
- Knowledge of facility management, engineering, renovation, modification, and sustainment practices and the management of these practices
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and work individually as well as part of a team
- Must have a strong work ethic and commitment to producing quality work
- Familiarity with proposal development best practices, such as Shipley or APMP
- Ability to think critically and draw from several resources to create simple, unified and persuasive documents
- Capability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments when needed.
- Must be computer savvy and adept at using technologies aimed at communications and proposal development.
- Must be a strong communicator and able to interface within difference levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel
- Strong organization skills and an attention for detail
- Willingness and ability to adapt and learn in a fast-moving environment
- Experience in preparing proposals for federal, state, and local government customers.