We have the REMOTE position you seek! Take a peek at this temporary hire opportunity for our client currently located in Washington, DC.
508 Compliance Responsibilities:This 508 Specialist will help out our clients Communications department, and will work closely with their Publications & Editing team, along with the Creative team. The work will involve taking PowerPoint and other documents and making sure that they are 508 compliant for our client’s website. This work will be covering 3-4 items per day (includes meeting materials, agenda, PowerPoint slides, meeting summaries). The turnaround time for work is 48 hours from when is it received to when it needs to be completed. There are templates that this individual will be working from. An extensive background with both CommonLook and 508 Compliance are critical for success in this role. Strong copyediting skills would be a major plus as well.
508 Compliance Specialist Requirements:
- Strong background in Common Look PDF global access; use this for PDF documents
- Understanding of 508 standards
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adhere to templates
- Strong background with CommonLook (they use PDF Global Access as their plug in software for 508 work)
- PowerPoint; experience working on PowerPoint for 508 compliance; known what make a PowerPoint 508 accessible when you turn it into a PDF
508 Compliance Plus Skills:
Copy editing experience; understanding of how to make Word, PowerPoint and other docs to be as close to 508 as possible