Location: San Bruno, California
Type: Freelance / Contract
Our client, and one of the top retailers in the world, is looking to add an experienced, end-to-end Lead UX/UI Designer to their team. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity and completely remote!
What you'll do...
Our client's Marketplace connects sellers with millions of customers through its Seller Center platform, enabling its sellers to deliver exceptional e-commerce experiences. As a part of the product design team, you will be responsible for creating best-in-class seller experiences that drive growth on the platform. This position will work with many cross-functional teams to develop scalable end-to-end solutions which drive key performance metrics and milestones.
It's the world's largest stage for a Lead UX/UI Designer (and impressive portfolio builder). Up for the challenge? Let's see if this a fit.
This role provides opportunity to…
- Create user experience solutions across a small- to medium-sized portfolio of projects by translating needs into actions and roadmaps.
- Design user experience frameworks, process flows, site maps, wireframes, and prototypes to meet our goals while balancing resources, constraints, requirements and complexity.
- Use your knowledge of the Design Thinking process to lead partner teams, facilitate conversations, determine methodologies, create concepts, run design sprints, and build rapid prototypes to use the collective creativity.
- Set and run user experience design consistency in collaboration with Engineering Architects by defining project needs and measures of success.
- Fulfillment: Your work will be the focal point of the front-end registers, self-checkouts and new mobile formats for associates and customers alike. Your designs will reimagine what is possible across Walmart's in-store services.
- Support: Create a space for cross-functional colleagues to collaborate and build trust with all team members. You'll get to lead with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
- Culture: Feel confident bringing your whole self into an inclusive environment that supports your contributions and enables you to put forward your best work. You will also have access to unprecedented opportunity available only in a Fortune 1 organization.
- Convincing cross-functional partners and the leadership team of your vision and design rationale.
- Experimenting and adapting to evolving priorities.
- Managing multiple projects and ambiguity.
- Degree in HCI, Information Architecture, Digital Design, or similar and 5 or more years of experience in product design.
- A portfolio of elegant design solutions.