Location: Mc Lean, VA,
Type: Freelance / Contract
Fantastic opportunity for a Marketing Operations Manager! Our client is seeking a talented Marketing Operations Manager for a temporary hire opportunity in McLean, VA. For this position, they will be responsible for driving operational improvements to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the marketing team across various different functions. They will be responsible for examining/evaluating marketing processes to recommend process improvements, establishing/managing the project intake process, and driving projects/initiatives focused around operational excellence.
Marketing Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the marketing team through operational improvements within and across functions.
- Research, document, and evaluate key marketing processes, specifications, roles and responsibilities; in order to provide and present recommendations and implement improvements to improve project performance.
- Develop and manage project intake process and periodic governance.
- Drive initiatives and projects that contribute to both short-and long-term operational excellence.
- Actively monitor, analyze, and report on the status of marketing initiatives and support regular production meetings to assess the status of projects that are currently being developed plus review the status of budget, schedules, deliverables, and upcoming projects as part of forecasting.
- Update monthly and quarterly cross-functional calendars, highlighting major areas of concern, recommend solutions, and escalate as necessary.
- Coordinate integrated cross-functional processes and campaigns, including actively monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on the status of marketing initiatives to ensure high-quality, measurable, and timely deliverables.
- Act as the project manager for cross-functional projects, including a 1000-person annual conference,; manage these projects’ timelines, identify critical path items, and report project status to management team and clients.
Marketing Operations Manager Requirements:
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in marketing operations and project management/brand management.
- PMP desired but not required.
- Ability to travel for 4-5 days once or twice--this role may require some travel for the 1000-person annual conference (certain travel expenses will be covered).
- Excellent project management and campaign trafficking skills with an ability drive the project plans, set and achieve goals, meet deadlines, and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience and mastery of process management concepts and/or marketing operations management.
- Challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization and look at situations from several points of view; be persuasive with details and facts.
- Experience using marketing campaign/process management tools like Asana and Basecamp.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that nurture teamwork.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.