Location: Remote, must be in the US
Job Type: Freelance/Ad Hoc Bench
Compensation Range: $30 - 40 per hour/ W2
Our creative delivery team is establishing a Bench Team to cater to diverse client requirements and projects, and we are in search of a skilled Proofreader!
As a part of this position, your responsibilities will encompass reviewing and offering feedback on various Studio projects, spanning print, digital/web, and writing assignments, among others.
This role requires both Proofreading and Quality Check (QC) experience. This role is ad hoc, project-based and paid on a W2 hourly basis. This role is fully remote but requires someone in the US with flexible time zone hours.
- Ensure the accuracy of references, web addresses, phone numbers, footnotes etc.
- Comply with brand guidelines.
- Maintain consistency and accuracy of layout components (spacing, capitalization, etc.).
- Ensure all client annotations are understood and addressed as necessary.
- Copyedit to improve content and readability.
- Provide final sign-off for proofreading of projects prior to client release.
- Adhere to Studio standard operating procedures and workflows.
- Experience level: Experienced
- BA in Communications, Journalism or English (or equivalent).
- Five + years of professional-level proofreading experience.
- Corporate or in-house advertising agency experience.
- Project Management tool experience (Workfront or similar tool).
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with AP and/or Chicago Manual of Style and standard proofreading marks.
- Clear and concise edits and/or recommendations.
- Mastery of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and context.
- Ability to apply proofreading best practices.
- Communicates clearly and promptly with Content Team Lead and Studio staff.
- Closely collaborates with designers and writers.
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to prioritize tasks/projects according to clients' needs.
- Excellent eye for design consistency and layout.
- Team player with excellent relationship and team-building skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Cella, a randstad digital company, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact [email protected].
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Cella by randstad digital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).