Location: Reston, Virginia
Calling all Proposal Tech Writers in the Reston, VA area! Do you look at what is going on in the world right now and think to yourself, “I wish I could do something to help”? Are you looking for an opportunity that will allow you to be a part of meaningful/impactful work? If you want to finish work each day knowing that the work you are making impacts you positively and close to home and across the world, then we have the job for you! Our client is looking for a passion-driven proposal technical writer looking to make a difference.
This individual serves as a primary voice of the company and is empowered to craft proposal and tender responses to a diverse customer base that includes private sector customers, public sector institutions, State Governments, U.S. Federal Government, and international organizations worldwide. The successful candidate will have mastery of proposal management processes, proposal writing techniques, and ease within time-sensitive and complex bidding environments. The ideal candidate is willing to operate on a flex schedule, as each market is in different time zones, and off-standard-hours communications may become more relevant as the international business grows.
Proposal Tech Writer Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in all color reviews on proposals and proposal components.
- Maintain, update, and manage a robust proposal library.
- Conduct proposal planning and preparation activities that maximize time and ensure SME input during the proposal phase of the BD process.
- Prepare for delivery of all proposal documents for submittal
Proposal Tech Writer Minimum Qualifications
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 5 years of proposal writing experience within the Private Sector, supporting a Federal Contractor (Small, Medium, or Large). Diversity of experience in mid to large corporate organizations.
- Experience in “owning” a proposal throughout the proposal life cycle.
- Experience supporting/contributing to the development of all sections of a proposal.
- Training and/or certifications in formal proposal methodologies (ex. Shipley- preferred) and Industry-wide best practices in proposal management (APMP).
- Understanding of Editorial practice and standards.
- Advanced MS SharePoint skills required.
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Prior proposal experience working off-hours and weekends with the flexibility required to get the job done is essential.
- APMP CF/PP preferred but not required.
- Desktop publishing skills preferred.