Location: New York, New York
Do you love dogs? Check out this amazing opportunity for a Director of Product Design in NYC. While starting off in a remote capacity, only local candidates will be considered at this time.
This is a player/ coach opportunity for a Director of Product Design to use your expertise to lead and mentor a team of designers and help evolve the user experience and product vision for existing and future product lines. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader for the team, but will also still enjoy regularly utilizing their hands on design skills.
Director of Product Design Responsibilities:
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of designers.
- Collaborate, sketch, whiteboard, wireframe, deliver pixel-perfect deliverables, and iterate to learn how to improve our digital experiences.
- Produce product design UI deliverables for collaboration and handoff with Engineering
- Help lead evolution of our design system/s across different product verticals
- Bring a user-centered mindset to solve user problems through design
- Contribute to our design culture through thought leadership
- Conceptualize and design solutions that meet/exceed strategic objectives from various departments (marketing, platform, growth, margin, retail, etc.)
- Collaborate with team members to execute rounds of user testing to validate hypotheses and de-risk new features and releases with user interviews, moderated and/or unmoderated usability tests, surveys and screener creation, etc.
Director of Product Design Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a Product or UI/UX Designer with at least 2 years managing other designers.
- Strong portfolio including examples of elegant UI designs that showcase your user-centered design thinking
- Ability to produce elegant UI designs using industry best practices of typography, color, graphics, and layout
- Expert proficiency in commonly used visual design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Abstract, Adobe CC, etc.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are a must (articulating design decisions, evangelizing design thinking, soft-skill team collaboration skills for cross functional teams, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of assignments and technologies
- Experience collaborating on user research and usability testing (functional usability, A/B, user interviews, moderated/unmoderated, etc.)
- Experience w/responsive and/or mobile products
- Must love dogs!