Location: Los Angeles, California
Job Type: Permanent
Compensation Range: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
Our client, a prestigious global legal firm, is looking for a Public Relations Lead - Litigation & Trial to be an integral part of their Brand & Communications team!
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and developing strategic communications, media relations, and publicity campaigns that deliver high-impact results, advance the firm's business goals, and gain visibility for the practice and trial teams, while playing a lead role in developing and executing PR and media programs designed to enhance the reputation and awareness of the Litigation & Trial Department and partners in media and across the firm's channels.
This hybrid role will be located in our client's Global Services Office in downtown Los Angeles.
- Help handle media relations for the Litigation & Trial Department.
- Act as a publicist, build relationships with key reporters at relevant media outlets, and connect those media contacts to partners of the firm who serve as media sources; work with attorneys to develop media pitches and to prepare for interviews.
- Handle a variety of strategic writing projects; write, edit, and coordinate a wide range of copy and serve as a central resource to develop messaging, draft press releases, prepare case advisories, develop award entries, write/edit website content, and coordinate survey submissions.
- Place byline articles, and as appropriate, create opportunities to leverage thought leadership for press commentary.
- Contribute to leveraging the firm's social media programs to promote the expertise and work of the practice and partners.
- Coordinate and liaise with colleagues to support the firm's sponsorship and partnership marketing initiatives.
- Develop and implement public relations and marcomms initiatives to leverage sponsorships and other content-marketing partnerships.
- Display knowledge of core public relations and marketing principles including digital marketing, communications, branding, market research, and competitive intelligence.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills (i.e., organizing, planning, problem-solving and decision-making) necessary for effective management.
- Possess well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm.
- Experience level: Experienced
- A bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in public relations or marketing/communications, preferably in an agency or professional services firm.
- Prior work experience in and deep understanding of specific practices and industries relevant to the role.
- Strong track record in marketing communications and digital communications required, as well as some experience in media relations.
- Exposure to social media as a public relations/marketing/communications tool, with corresponding abilities to apply the experience to firm initiatives.
- Public Relations (6 years of experience is preferred)
- Vendor Relations (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Content Marketing (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Marketing Communications (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Writing (5 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Cella, a randstad digital company, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact [email protected].
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Cella by randstad digital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.