If you have been working for a few years and are fully immersed in your career, you probably wonder when is the right time to focus on your professional development. The truth is that you should always be immersed in improving and growing personally and professionally.
Professional development is often a formal training process such as attending a conference, seminar or workshop; collaborative learning among members at work; or taking a course at a college or university.
However, professional development can also occur in informal contexts such as discussions among work colleagues, independent reading and research, observations of a colleague's work or other learning from a peer. With so many opportunities to learn, staying current in your role and gaining new skills seems endless.
Why Consider Professional Development?
- Additional knowledge helps keep you sharp and up to date on the latest trends to contribute to your workplace
- Learning new skills or perfecting old ones is personally enriching and keeps you energized
- Producing new work will inspire fresh samples for your portfolio
- Networking and interacting with peers in your profession can open the door to new opportunities
Online Resources for Creative Professionals
As a staffing and recruiting firm, The BOSS Group is dedicated to helping creative professionals like you stay at the top of your game. Whether you are a graphic designer, a UX/UI designer, a marketing specialist, an editor or developer, The BOSS Group has professional development resources for you. We have compiled a list of websites, videos, online subscriptions and tutorials that will help you stay current or gain new skills to further your career. Access them at your leisure and immerse yourself in training.
Here are a few links to helpful creative resources:
- Front-End Design & Development: https://www.csszengarden.com
- ContentBlog Tips: https://www.dailyblogtips.com
- eLearning: https://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/
- Typography: https://www.dafont.com/
- Marketing: https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/
Online training for all topics: