Location: Herndon, Virginia
Interested in joining a fast growing company with a great work life balance? Amazing benefits, competitive pay, and the room to grow? Want the ability to work in office and maintain connection with the team but also have 2 days a week where you can work from home? Then this Marketing & Communications manager role could be the position for you!
The Marketing & Communications manager executes the organization's marketing and communications strategies. Key responsibilities include helping define marketing strategy, writing, video and podcast execution and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serves as Marketing & Communications liaison to several of PMMI's departments.
· Develops and executes marketing and communications campaigns, with tactics including email, video, social media, editorial, direct mail, paid and earned digital marketing, infographics and podcasts.
· Creates measurable objectives for marketing and communications initiatives, tracks and reports progress, and determines implications for improvement.
· Writes copy for promotion of association programs, meetings, and services for various communication channels such as emails, social media, press releases, brochures, ads, video scripts and more. Works with designers and vendors to create collateral including brochures, videos, newsletters, infographics and ads.
· Creates materials for upper management and PMMI members including PPT presentations and scripts.
· Tracks trends and best practices in the industry and make recommendations to the Marketing & Communications department accordingly.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications or marketing required. Master's preferred.
· 5-7 years working in marketing and communications with proven ability to manage and execute effective communications and marketing initiatives.
· Exceptional writing skills, required. Ability to write creatively for unique markets and adapt to various writing styles to the expectations of leadership team and department heads, required.
· Excellent relationship-building skills for forging conversations and partnerships with key industry, non-industry, media and other partners/organizations, required.
· Ability to think strategically and excel at driving the organization forward, required.
· Excellent project management and organization skills. Ability to prioritize large volumes of projects and effectively see them through to conclusion, required.
· Knowledge/experience in digital marketing strategies and concepts, preferred.
· Experience with marketing automation and marketing automation tools, such as Pardot, preferred.
· Experience in association, member, and conference marketing a plus.
· Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint.
· Proven ability to work independently.
· Knowledge of AP Style Guide.
· Unlimited PTO
· Off at 3pm. On Fridays
· Great Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
· 25% 401K Match
· Floating Holidays
· 10% Salary Bonus