Location: Mc Lean, VA,
We have the Sr. Proposal Writer position you seek! If strong, passionate company leadership, meaningful corporate values, inclusiveness and diversity, and employee empowerment and engagement are important to you, look no further! Take a peek at this direct hire opportunity in McLean, VA.
Sr. Proposal Writer Responsibility:
- Write clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; synthesize technical and other ideas from existing content and input from subject matter experts into easily understandable text; review and rewrite proposal sections and related proposal documents for complex Federal IT Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
- Collaborate with proposal team to develop proposal sections that clearly articulate the team’s overall solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, win themes, and discriminators.
- Synthesize text and ideas from multiple authors, including SMEs and consultants; Compile information for each section and edit language to ensure one voice. Edit for consistency, clarity, grammar, and syntax, and compile with client requirements.
- Identify, resolve, mitigate, and escalate gaps and risks to proposal management and operations leadership.
- Support proposal development by leading the writing of technical, management, and past performance proposal sections that are comprehensible, organized, succinct, persuasive, compliant and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Manage multiple writing assignments and prioritize appropriately to meet strict deadlines.
- Support the execution of the proposal development lifecycle and actively participate in all activities.
- Thoroughly review all proposal response volumes and sections (technical, management, past performance, resumes, etc.) for compliance, grammar, spelling, and tone of voice.
- Actively participate in opportunity and pipeline review meetings
- Perform editing and desktop publishing as needed to prepare proposal for submission
- Help to maintain a proposal library
Sr. Proposal Writer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English or Marketing or Computer Science (or similar)
- Minimum of 5 years of proposal writing experience for complex Federal IT proposals
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, presentation, and communication skills
- With input from subject matter experts and existing technical content, experience developing proposal sections with minimal oversight
- Superior grammar skills and the ability to write succinctly and translate complex ideas into narrative text
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to grasp and communicate complex ideas easily.
- Excellent planning and organization skills. Ability to work independently or with minimum oversight
- Ability to manage several tasks at once, including participating in multiple proposal or writing projects in parallel, while meeting tight deadlines
- Expert with MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- There will be a short exercise as part of the interview process
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and proposal automation software (RFPIO)
- Technical and/or writing experience with concepts like Agile, DevSecOps, or ITIL
- Proposal writing certification (i.e., Shipley)